How to Join
It’s easy to join the New York City Homebrewers Guild. Just show up to any Guild meeting at 7:30 pm on the third Tuesday of every month at Burp Castle in the East Village (41 E 7th St between 2nd & 3rd Ave) and ask to speak to one of the club’s officers. Yearly dues for the New York City Homebrewers Guild are $25 for the first year and $20 per year thereafter. We plan to add a PayPal option for paying membership dues soon.
Why join the New York City Homebrewers Guild?
Fun – the club meets once a month to share homebrew, talk beer and socialize. We also throw a kickass homebrew picnic in Croton Park over the summer and an awesome Holiday Party at Jimmy’s No. 43 in the village. We also send a large contingent of members to events like NHC each year. It is impossible to love beer and avoid having fun at these events.
- Expert Advice – many of our meetings feature guest speakers from professional breweries and meaderies. They share their beers and pass on tips about how you can make better beer.
- Feedback from Your Peers - dozens of guild members are experienced BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) judges with ranks ranging from recognized to National. If you’re trying to figure out where one of your homebrews went wrong you can usually find someone who can diagnose the problem in a friendly way, respecting and applauding a good effort. It’s a no-pressure way to get great advice. If you’re already making great homebrew, we’re more than happy to enjoy those beers as well.
- Education – The guild sponsors an annual BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) class and exam. The class prepares prospective judges to take the exam and existing judges to retake it and improve their score. Existing BJCP judges .2 judging points per class attended as well. Spots in both the class and the exam are limited with Guild members in good standing receive priority.
- Discounts – Members receive a membership card good for discounts with our sponsors (see sponsor page for details).
- Free T-Shirt – All members also receive an official NYCHG t-shirt as shown below.